Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Some Writings I Enjoy...

What kinds of writing do you like to read?
I enjoy reading magazines, books, and random poems. I think that reading other peoples random thoughts, such as blogs, is really interesting at times too.

What kinds of writing do you like to write?
I really like to write a bunch of different things. I guess that I really like writing when I don't have to so that I can just free-write more then follow direction.

How often do you write when it is not a school assignment?
I enjoy journaling sometimes. If something really cool happens, or I'm bored it's sometimes fun to write about experiences, or just write some poems or something I guess.

What topics most intrigue you?
I don't really have a specific topic that intrigues me. I really don't like futuristic things, or things such as Lord of the Rings, I find those types of stories pretty boring.

3. When I was in kindergarten, one of the worst things happened to me that I will never forget. I was standing, waiting for the bus after school had finished standing with my friends. It was a cold day, and everything was freezing over. That's when I thought to myself 'I wonder if I licked this pole if my tongue would stick to it. The first time I licked it, my tongue stuck a little and came right off. Laughing to myself, I turned to my friend and said "hey look! My tongue almost got stuck to this pole!" Of course, when I licked it again...it stuck. And I mean REALLY stuck.

At this point in time I didn't know what to do. I started yelling for my mom, and looking around to see if anyone was coming to help. All I knew at that point was that my brother who was in fifth grade at the time was crying harder then I was because he thought that I was going to die or something. When I came to the conclusion that no one was going to help me get my tongue off of this pole, I pulled my tongue off of the pole by myself. Of course, at that exact moment just my luck, the nurse came running outside with a cup of warm water.

The whole school had seen this happen, and I couldn't have been more embarassed, and even now people still ask me "are you the girl that got her tongue stuck to a pole?" This is definatly a childhood memory that I will never forget.

1 comment:

hayley said...

I like magazines too. Other than that reading can be very boring. I've only liked about 5 books I've ever read.