Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How Unpoetic

The topic I have chosen to write about today is the conversations I have with my friends sometimes. These conversations mostly happen with my friend Hayley. She's kind of crazy, but I guess in the end she's okay. Anyways when we have serious conversations, which isn't very often with us, we talk about things such as religion, my best friend Christie who passed away, or what the future looks like.

For example, over the weekend we went to Chicago for choir and roomed with Katie and Taylor. We all sat there for a while talking about how this year has turned out differently then we imagined it would. It was really interesting to hear about how we have all become friends with people that we usually don't hang out with and it's kind of nice hanging out in different atmospheres sometimes. Also, we talked about how people have changed a lot over the years and how annoying they have become. Yeah, it's mean, but seriously you don't understand how much people have changed! There are so many social climbers that bother me.

Although Chicago was just one example of a conversation we've had, there have been many other times. We usually talk about things such as friends, parents, school, and what we think is going to happen next year or what it is that we want to do. It's pretty cool having a friend that you can talk about important things with and then talk about the stupidest things in the world. I'm lucky to have had Hayley as a friend since the 8th grade. Although we have times that we don't get a long and fight about stupid things, in the end we will always be there for eachother.

But it's really weird for me to think about the topic of what next year at college will be like. None of my friends will be there that I've known since grade school, and I will have to make a bunch of new friends. It's weird because it's somewhat like a fresh start. A blank slate. And I really like the idea of that. Even though I'm going to miss my friends from Edina, I know that I'm going to make a bunch of new ones in college that will become lifelong friends. I'm nervous, yeah, but I think I'm mostly excited.

Well, that's all!

p.s. Clayton apologizes for being a big jerkburger today.

1 comment:

hayley said...

Well PERSONALLY, I would have to say you are the more stupid one in this relationship missy!
But I agree on the fact we talk about the most random things. I enjoy it though.
And none of those "future college friendS" of yours is going to replace your BSFF BLAHASHGFAIU